Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter thoughts

I had one more reason this year to stand in awe of the gift we celebrate at Easter, that reason is my son Caleb. I am in awe of a God that would give up His Son, give of Himself for me... small, simple, me. How amazing is that? He wanted that relationship with me so much that He "did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, being made in human likeness." WOW. That's the God I want. What other god would do that? What other man would do that (if possible of course)?
I think of all the beauty I have in life because of Him and grateful seems too small of a word. I think of all the beauty Caleb can have in his life because of Him, and am simply overwhelmed. Parents want only the best for our kids. You can't get any better than a personal relationship with the Creator of everything. He made that possible for my son. WOW

No comments: