Monday, October 13, 2008

The Miraculous God, part two

Praising his Maker:

I ran across an amazing verse the other day...

"And Jesus said to [the chief priests] Yes; have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babes Thou hast prepared praise for Thyself'?" (Matthew 21:16)

Wow.

I had to go back and reread and reread, check it out in other versions, check out it's reference. Did it actually said God receives praise from the mouths of babies!?!?

Obviously this got me to rethink my little boy's jabbering. Could he, when he spends so much time talking to empty spaces, actually be praising the God they met in the womb?

Who knows, I can't speak jibberish, but I'm thinking the "goo goos" and "ga gaas" don't phase God a bit.

Caleb is experiencing everything for the first time. The wind, the rain, the rug, the curtains, all of it peak his curiosity. The dust in the corner seem to amaze him just as much as my first view of the Grand Canyon. I still find myself in awe of the God who created such a masterpiece. Maybe all that baby babbling is Caleb's expression of awe in the God who created such masterpieces as dirt, trees, and glass. Maybe its just part of that preordained praise.

No comments: